Machine Tools & Metal Working
Dicronite dry lubrication reduces friction and wear with an extremely low coefficient of friction (0.030) in a very thin film (0.5 microns) that is extremely stable under a wide temperature range (cryogenic to +538C), under ambient to hard vacuum conditions.
Widely used across many industries to:
- Increase service life and performance through friction and wear reduction
- Enable faster assembly and permit disassembly/maintenance by eliminating seizing and galling
- Increase throughput and productivity in plastic molding with better mold release and eliminating lubrication contamination on guides and bushings
- Lubricate in vacuum or high/low temperature situations
- Extend service intervals and provide backup or co-lubrication with oils and greases
Common industries include: Aerospace, Medical, Plastic Molding, Oil and Gas, Industrial Machinery, Automotive/Racing and Vacuum Equipment. Common applications include bearings, valves, shafts, fittings, connectors and fasteners, linear, sliding and rotating components, and latching and locking mechanisms.
Dicronite dry lubrication is compliant with SAE-AMS2530, biocompatible per ISO-10993, RoHS compliant and is applied by facilities that hold SAE-AS9100/ISO-9001 quality certifications and also NADCAP accreditations. Services are available worldwide.
Applied at near ambient temperatures, Dicronite dry lubrication is generally inert, unaffected by oils and solvents.