Logging and Forestry Equipment Information
- Chip trucks are truck and trailer combinations used in the transportation of wood chips.
- Chippers grind trees and limbs to wood chips.
- Delimbers remove branches and limbs from trees. Types include gate, pull-through and flail delimbers.
- Feller bunchers are logging harvesters with a cutting attachment that holds, cuts and then places the stem on the ground.
- Forwarders extract cut stems.
- Harvesters cut and process stems.
- Knuckleboom loaders are used to load stems onto trucks.
- Loaders can be wheeled or tracked equipment used to load/stack logs.
- Log trucks are truck and trailer combinations used in the transportation of logs.
- Mulchers, also known as masticators or brushcutters, grind vegetation into mulch.
- Skidders drag trees from their cut location to the loading location.
- Gross power: The gross power of the equipment is the amount of power the engine can produce.
- Operating weight: The operating weight of the equipment is the total weight of the equipment without a load.