Precision Motors, Gearheads, Brakes & Clutches, and Actuators
Island Components designs and manufactures customized rotating components, in-line packages, and actuators for aerospace and industry. They provide motors and drive systems, feedback sensors, gearheads, clutches & brakes, and electronics for sophisticated higher-order assemblies, rotary and electromechanical actuators, man-machine command systems and complete motion control servo systems. They are a valuable resource for early-stage design and development.
Island Components has all the engineering disciplines required for designing complex small actuation systems. They maintain a prototype system and dedicated model shop to provide you with a fully-functional prototype and a complete understanding of your electromechanical actuator prior to production commitment.
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Certified to ISO9001-2009
- Meet MIL-I-45208 quality procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing transition completed
- Soldering certified to the IPC-A-610 program.
- Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) for the Federal Aviation Administration(FAA).
Company Highlights: (See More)
- Portfolio of advanced brushless motors for special applications
- Optimal product design, quality and integrity
- Early-stage design and development capabilities
- Small actuation systems: cost-effective solutions and superior customer service
- See Recent Special Applications (See More)
Small Precision Rotating Components and Assemblies:
- Brushless DC Motors and drive systems (See More)
- Aerospace, military, medical, down-hole and other industrial applications
Precision motors: (See More)
- DC brush-type
Electromagnetic clutches, brakes and clutch-brake combinations: (See More)
- Standard and wafer designs
- Silent-stop failsafe brakes (Series SBF)
- Industrial-type (open-frame)
Gearheads and gear systems: (See More)
- Gearhead-motor assemblies
Actuators and in-line packages: (See More)
- Rotary and electromechanical actuators with or without electronics
- In-line packages of motors, tachometers, gearheads, clutches & brakes and feedback systems
Electronics and Controllers: (See More)
- Design, development and integration of standard and special electronics
- Integration of electronic and electromechanical systems
- Brushless motor controllers, sine drives, resolver sensors, Hall sensors and electronic resolvers
- Discrete electronic components or integrated with the actuator or motor
Custom Winding Assemblies: (See More)
- Stators, rotors and coils
- Critically-designed stacking tools and fixtures
- Skein wound – hand inserted and machine wound – internal and external tooth
- Custom bobbin windings with unique transfer molding technology