From Polar Tech Industries, Inc.
Make your own insulated Container
In a jam or just don't have the profit in your product to purchase molded insulated containers. Build your own 2-3 day insulated container with common items that are easy to find and very economical.
* Oversized Corrugated Carton
* 2 ea. Poly can liners.
* Packing peanuts or (solid type packing material) shredded news print.
Avoid bubble wrap.
* Refrigerant packs (5 ea. per package).
* Carton sealing tape.
1. Start with an oversized corrugated carton approximately 6" bigger. This will give 3" around your product.
2. Set the carton and H-seal the bottom with minimum 2" carton sealing tape.
3. Line the carton first with a poly can liner, fill 3" of packing peanuts in the bottom of the can liner in the carton.
4. Put your product in the second can liner and surround the product with refrigerant packs (top, all sides) of
sufficient size packs, twist tie or close the poly can liner.
5. Place the second poly can liner and product into the middle of the box. Fill the box over the top of the box by 1" (called a crown fill) fold the poly can liner over the packing peanuts, close the carton shut and H-seal the carton closed.
6. Label and ship the product.
1-800-ICE_BRIX (423-2749) www.polar-tech.com
Products & Services
Topics of Interest
How to: Choose an insulated container and effectively package your product. There are many variables to be considered when choosing the container and refrigerant that will protect your product from...
Alignment difficulties between shipping cartons are no problem for a robotic palletizing arm and smart camera. An intelligent camera and companion light source helps a German company straighten out an...
General Guides for Packaging Perishable Products Frozen - Dry Ice Shipments: A general guide for use with block dry ice is: dry ice sublimates approximately 3 to 5 pounds per day. The larger the...
Other Factors That Influence Efficiency and Cost Effectiveness Other factors that influence efficiency and cost effectiveness of a small-item pick operation are: SKU profile or SKU location on...
When a company switches from filling cookie to cereal boxes, it requires a quick and efficient system that can handle the different dimensions of the various boxes. The servo-driven Veronica uses...