Satisfying the Need for Knowledge
Most engineers are — by the very nature of the profession — engaged in a lifetime of learning to maintain their technical proficiency in the face of ever-changing workplace demands. Rare are the technical professionals who do not occasionally reach for engineering textbooks or professional reference books, to revisit some long-forgotten relic of their formal education, or to familiarize themselves with an aspect of engineering that has recently gained prominence in their day-to-day activities. Chemical Engineering’s new Build Your Engineering Library Book Series was developed to meet such ongoing information needs for engineers working in chemical and pharmaceutical production, petroleum refining, pulp-and-paper, food-and beverage and semiconductor manufacturing, and many other sectors of the chemical process industries.
Each of the 12 books in this series contains topical articles — nearly 3,500 pages in total — from the award-winning pages of Chemical Engineering (1996 through mid- 2004). Written “by engineers, for engineers,” these articles were authored by experienced chemical engineers and other technical professionals working in industry, academia and consulting, many of whom are recognized experts in their fields. All of the articles captured in these books were selected for their usefulness and timelessness. For instance, no “short shelf-life” news articles or product-oriented pieces were included in the selection — only practical engineering articles that deal with such matters as the proper selection, specification and sizing of key CPI equipment, ways to improve the ongoing operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of such equipment, and techniques for boosting regulatory compliance, reliability and safety, minimizing costs, and improving overall process operations.
The 12 titles now available are:
- Liquid-Liquid and Gas-Liquid Separation (260 pages)
- Gas-Solid and Liquid-Solid Separation (155 pages)
- Environmental Management: Air-Pollution Control (320 pages)
- Environmental Management: Wastewater and Groundwater Treatment (360 pages)
- Plant Operations and Maint. — Part 1: Process Plant Equipment (380 pages)
- Plant Operations and Maint. — Part 2: Procedures and Best Practices (415 pages)
- Fluid Handling (350 pages)
- Plant and Personnel Safety (400 pages)
- Managing Bulk Solids (225 pages)
- Mixers and Mixing (222 pages)
- Thermal Management (265 pages)
- Pristine Processing (150 pages)