Vortex Cooling Tubes
Featured Product from Vortec
Vortex tubes produce up to 6000 BTU/hr (1757 watts) of refrigeration and temperatures as low as -40 degrees to solve a variety of industrial spot cooling and process cooling needs. With no moving parts, a vortex tube is highly reliable and inexpensive; and requires no electrical connection at the cooling site. Vortex tubes cool instantly, relying on compressed air spinning in the tube to separate the air into cold and hot air streams.
Vortex tubes are a compact source of refrigeration and cooling, with models ranging from 6 - 13 inches (150 - 330 mm) long and cooling capacities ranging from 100 - 6000 BTU/hour (29 - 1757 watts). Vortex tube performance is easily adjustable by changing the inlet air pressure, ratio of cool air to exhaust or by changing the generator in the tube itself. And while normally used for cooling, vortex tubes can also be used for heating applications, merely by channeling the exhaust hot air to the application.
- Cools instantaneously
- Lowest cost per unit of refrigeration of any cooling technique
- Fully adjustable cooling, easily moved from site to site as needed
- Fits to provide cooling in the most confined areas
- Lowest maintenance requirements of any refrigeration technique
- Environmentally friendly, with no refrigerants or chemicals needed
- Easy to install, just connect compressed air and go
- Maintenance free, with no moving parts
- Cycle repeatability within +/- 1 degree
- Drops compressed air inlet temperature by up to 100 F (55 C)
- No electricity required at the cooling site
- Cools without refrigerants, as low as -40 degrees
- Compact and lightweight, highly transportable
- Adjustable for varying cooling needs
- Available heating capacity using the same tube, up to 200 F (93 C)
- Available in both aluminum (208 and 308) and stainless steel (208SS) models
- Replacement generators available for modification of cooling or upon contamination
View our Vortex Tube Short Course which explains the basic operation of the vortex tube and guides the user how to apply it effectively to make the best use of its cooling and heating abilities.