Many different factors go into designing an efficient piping system. One simple mistake can mean the difference between a smooth flowing system and a system filled with water hammer issues and a lot of high maintenance problems with damage to pumps and other piping system components.
This presentation reviews key installation, maintenance, piping design tips and guidelines to keep in mind to ensure the most efficient installation and use of check valves in your system. It explains basics on piping design and the fundamentals of sizing valves in general with a specific emphasis on sizing check valves for the application conditions, not selecting a check valve based solely on line size.
- Learn general check valve and piping design rules
- Understand how piping design can impact valve reliability and maintenance costs
- Overview of best practices in check valve installation and valve maintenance guidelines
- How to choose the best check valve for your application
- Hear about common Myths vs. Reality
Arie Bregman is Vice President and General Manager of DFT Inc. A 35-year industry veteran, Bregman is active in the U.S. Valve Manufacturers Association, serving on the group's education, training and technical committees. He is also a member of the VMA Board of Directors. Bregman holds a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA.