Products & ServicesSee also: Categories | Featured Products | Technical Articles | More Information
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: strengthening element is well established in titanium alloys. This study examines this effect over a broad range of oxygen values, and has significance for the application of the new TiOsteum alloy and other beta titanium alloys being considered for use in medical and surgical devices.
Supplier: AMPCO METAL
Description: AMPCO-TRODE® 940 is an alloy developed to provide an effective alternative to beryllium copper. Because of its excellent thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity, wear resistance and corrosion resistance, AMPCO-TRODE® 940 laser welding filler metal is specified for the repair of complex
- Diameter / Thickness: 0.0098 to 0.0197 inch
- Alloy Type: Copper / Copper Alloy
Description: are typically produced to a density of 7.6g/cc (nearly 98% of wrought product). With post-sintering heat treatment, a high hardness (typically> 40HRC) can be delivered. The photo shows a range of surgical instrument components produced by Eversun using 17-4PH alloy. This set of components requires very
- Forming Process: Mechanical Pressing, CIP, HIP, Magnetic Pressing, Metal Injection Molding (MIM), Roll Compacting, Sintering, Slip Casting
- Material: Aluminum, Brass / Bronze, Composite, Copper, Nickel Alloy, Refractory Metal, Stainless Steel, Steel, Titanium Alloy
- Density Ratio (% Theoretical Density): Fully Dense, 90% to 99% T.D., 85% to 90% T.D., < 85% T.D., Open Porosity Material
- Services: Assembly Services, Design Assistance, Extrusion, Forging, Heat-treating, High Volume Production, Oil Impregnating, Prototype / Short Run, Resin / Plastic Impregnating, Secondary Machining, Sinter Brazing, Sinter Hardening, Tool / Mold Making
Supplier: Interplex Industries, Inc.
Description: surgical instrumentation, spinal instrumentation,orthopedic Implants and other similar medical instrumentation devices. Leveraging over fifty years of machining and engineering experience, Interplex Precision Machining, LLC specializes in the precision machining/assembly of a variety of metals like
- Capabilities: Broaching, Deep Hole Drilling, Drilling, Electrode EDM, Honing, Laser Machining, Milling, Turning, Water / Abrasive Jet Machining, Wire EDM
- Number of Axes: 2-axis Machining, 3-axis Machining, 4-axis Machining, 5-axis Machining
- Specialty Machining: Casting Machining, Forging Machining, Jigs and Fixtures, Tool & Die Manufacturing
- Micro Machining: Yes
Supplier: Protomatic, Inc.
Description: Protomatic provides CNC precision machining machining and custom components manufacturing for lab equipment, surgical tools, and operating equipment within the medical industry as well as many additional components for the optical and dental fields. Protomatic primary focus of our precision
- Machining Capabilities: Drilling, Milling, Turning, Jig Boring, Broaching, Deep Hole Drilling, Gun Drilling, Surface Grinding, Honing
- Secondary Operations: Anodizing, Black Oxide, Electroplating, Heat Treating / Stress Relieving, Lapping / Polishing, Painting / Powder Coating, Welding, Other
- Specialty Machining: Casting Machining, CNC Machining, Forging Machining, Extrusion Machining, Jigs and Fixtures, Thread Rolling, Tool & Die Manufacturing
- Materials: Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Carbide, Cast Iron, Ceramics, Composites, Copper, Hardened Metals, Magnesium, Nickel / Nickel Alloys, Plastics, Precious Metals, Rubber, Stainless Steel, Steel / Steel Alloys, Titanium, Ultra-hard Materials, Other
Supplier: U.S. Alloy Co.
Description: is basically a modified version of 6AL/4V. ELI refers to “extra low interstitial” content – primarily oxygen. By maintaining or controlling these ELI gases, the fracture toughness of the weld deposit is greatly increased. Washington Alloy 6AL/4V ELI is commonly used for surgical
Supplier: Universal Wire Works Inc.
Description: This alloy is often referred to as "6-4" titanium and is probably the most widely used titanium alloy. 6-4 has high strength, ability to be heat treated, weld ability, excellent for industrial fans, pressure vessels, aircraft components, compressor blades and jet engine parts. 6-4 Eli is a slightly
- Welding Process / Form: Solid Wire
- Alloy Type: Titanium Alloy
- Approvals / Conformance: AWS
Supplier: Fort Wayne Metals, Inc.
Description: Each medical grade of Nitinol material is comprised of near equal atomic weight percentage of nickel and titanium. Our most common medical grade, NiTi#1 exceeds chemistry requirements set forth by ASTM F2063 for use in surgical implants. At Fort Wayne Metals, all incoming Nitinol raw materials
- Metal / Alloy Types: Nickel / Nickel Alloy (UNS N), Refractory / Reactive (UNS R), Titanium / Titanium Alloy
- Light Alloy: Yes
- Super Alloy: Yes
- Shape / Form: Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Wire / Shaped Wire
Supplier: Unique Wire Weaving Company, Inc.
Description: A refractory metal with almost complete immunity to attack by acids and liquid metals. Tantalum equals glass in resistance to acids, conducts heat better than the nickel alloys, and has an extremely high melting point. It has been used in chemical equipment, heat exchangers and elements, surgical
- Mesh Count: 24
- Opening Size: 0.0320 to 0.0390 inch
- Wire Diameter: 0.0025 to 0.0100 inch
- Open Area: 57.8 to 88.4 %
Supplier: Kinetics Metal Injection Molding
Description: Material Description: Martensitic stainless steel. Excellent strength, hardness, and wear resistance while offering some corrosion resistance. Magnetic. Often used for automotive, cutlery, industrial equipment, power hand tools, pumps, sporting equipment, surgical instruments, valves
- Stainless Alloy Types: Martensitic
- Shape / Form: Fabricated Parts / Shapes
- Applications: Automotive / Vehicular, Wear Parts / Tooling, Other
- Processing Features: Powdered Metal (Compacted)
Supplier: Koford Engineering, LLC
Description: • High performance slotless brushless motors for military, aerospace, medical/den-tal, electric power tools, and industrial applications •Medium and long lengths available •Speeds up 200,000 rpm • Autoclavable versions for surgical/dental applications • Vacuum versions
- Terminal Voltage: 12 to 48 VDC
- Motor Configuration: Gearmotor
- Gearing (if applicable): Planetary
- Gearbox Efficiency: 92 %
Supplier: Curtis Universal Joint Company, Inc.
Description: the Curtis sales department for more information. Universal Applications Boiler Damper Controls Bottle Capping Surgical Tables Submarine Periscopes Paper Making Equip. Joints 7/8 inch or larger have Curtis' user friendly Take Apart feature to allow for more specialized modification. Our large
- Joint Type: Single
- Hub Type: Bored Hub - Round
- Hub Outer Diameter: 1.75 inch
- Features: Corrosion Resistant, Sanitary Application
Supplier: F.B. Manion, Inc.
Description: to surgical knife blade edges. We have been approved for controlled process grinding of plasma coatings. Our processes can be up to 5-times faster than conventional machining or turning with greater accuracy. MATERIALS INCONEL® HAYNES 188 WASPALOY® Stainless Powdered Metals Plasma Coatings
- Diameter: Less than 1", 1" - 3", 3" - 6", Greater than 6"
- Materials: Composites, Hardened Metals, Nickel / Nickel Alloys, Stainless Steel, Steel / Steel Alloys, Titanium
- Services: CAD / CAM Support, Design Assistance, Prototype Services, Low Volume Production
- Location: North America, United States Only, Northeast US Only
Supplier: Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics - High Performance Seals, Polymer Components and Springs
Description: Surgical Tools Others Features and Benefits Four unique springs Load: Three standard load ranges from 2 lbs/liner inch to 67 lbs/linear inch Resistance: 0.042 mOhms/per inch length to 27.10 mOhms/per inch length Over 15 materials available Five plating options available
- Coil Shape / Spring Type: Cross-section Compression (Garter, Meander, etc.)
- Spring Rate: 2 to 24 lbs/in
- Material: Copper Base Alloy, Nickel Base Alloy Wire, Stainless Steel
- End Configuration: Closed / Squared Ends
Find Suppliers by Category Top
Featured Products Top
MuShield Company, Inc. (The)
High Permeability Magnetic Shielding Tubing
applications include aircraft instrumentation, medical and surgical equipment, oil exploration, and imaging equipment. "A T Wall was able to use its deep drawing capabilities to take plate supplied by MuShield, cup it and then draw it into tubing. Being able to supply the product in tubing form greatly reduces the cost of manufacturing for MuShield and its customers as it reduces scrap." said Donna Parker, A T Wall's director of sales. The MuShield seamless tubing's shielding capability is 20-30 percent... (read more)
Browse EMI and RFI Shielding Datasheets for MuShield Company, Inc. (The)
H.C. Starck Inc. - Fabricated Products Group
Tungsten, Molybdenum, Tantalum in Cancer Treatment
. Both are widely used in surgical instruments and implants, because they do not react with body fluids, and in the chemical processing and pharmaceutical industries. H.C. Starck supplies tantalum and niobium as sheet, plate, foil, rod, tube, and wire, and as semi-finished and finished parts. . H.C. Starck ’s Products for X-Ray Technologies. X-ray technology is primarily used in medical imaging for diagnostic purposes. The growth of the medical imaging market, particularly in the computed... (read more)
Browse Tungsten and Tungsten Alloys Datasheets for H.C. Starck Inc. - Fabricated Products Group
Cooner Wire Company
Surgical Cables. Imaging Cables. Test Equip. Training Equip. Aircraft. Industries: Medical. Semiconductor. Defense. Aerospace. Test & Measurement. ... (read more)
Browse Electrical Power Wires Datasheets for Cooner Wire Company
Welding Wire and Covered Electrodes
parts. AMPCO-TRODE ® 940 laser. AMPCO-TRODE ® 940 laser filler metal is applied with the laser welding process. The nature of this process permits very non-invasive, almost surgical welds, as compared to conventional arc welding. Due to the very localized temperatures involved, mold distortion generally experienced with conventional arc welding processes are drastically reduced, often near to zero. Typical applications include: Repair of blow molds and injections... (read more)
Browse Welding Alloys Datasheets for AMPCO METAL
New England Wire Technologies Corporation
Technologically Advanced Medical Cables
Grade ingredients. :: Applications. Digital Imaging. Electrosurgical Equipment. Neonatal Monitoring. Patient Monitoring. ECG. EEG. Pulse Oximetry. Surgical Lasers. Ultrasound. Coaxial custom cables can be manufactured in a range of sizes from miniature 42AWG PFA insulated (.33mm O.D.) to 8AWG low-loss with expanded PTFE insulated wire tape dielectric. Coaxial custom cables are the primary type of cabling used by the cable television industry and is also widely used for computer networks... (read more)
Browse Medical Cable Assemblies Datasheets for New England Wire Technologies Corporation
Conduct Research Top
Case Study # 5 - Alloy F75
demonstrated that F75 components meet the chemical specifications and exceed the mechanical property specifications of the ASTM standard, F75-01 Standard Specification for Cobalt-28 Chromium-6 Molybdenum Alloy Castings and Casting Alloy for Surgical Implants (UNS R30075). Further, F75 properties
Multi-alloy medical part needing removal of surface contamination.
This assembly was specified with two different alloys. After machining, the 303 cap is assembled onto the 13-8Mo tube,. and is captive after the tube is formed to the desired shape. After assembly, the parts were annealed. The customer needed to clean both parts satisfactorily for surgical use
Medical Device Link . Shape-Memory Alloys Offer Untapped Potential Engineers teach versatile materials how to work in the body.
to pull fractured bone together or to correct spinal scoliosis. Surgical instruments can be contorted to designated shapes, then made to return to their initial form. A small electrical current might be used to induce tiny pumps and syringes to contract in reversible cycles. Perhaps the greatest
Engineering PM Parts Without Pricey Alloys
shapes such as gears. The "green " parts then travel through a high-temperature, controlled atmosphere furnace where they are sintered -- metallurgically fused without melting -- to bond the particles together. This results in high-strength parts used in everything from cars and lawn mowers to surgical
Medical Device Link .
Stainless-Steel Options for Medical Instrument Tubing Understanding the properties of different alloys is crucial to selecting the right material for a particular application. William Fender and Robert S. Brown As surgical procedures have become more complex and confined, the requirements
Medical Device Link . Superelastic Nitinol for Medical Devices
, retrieval baskets, and surgical tools. Superelasticity refers to the unusual ability of certain metals to undergo large elastic deformation. Although the term is used synonymously with pseudoelasticity, we adhere to the definition that pseudoelastic alloys need only show nonlinear unloading
Medical Device Link .
, dental implants, and surgical equipment. "Cobalt-chromium and titanium perform quite well, so surgeons and manufacturers feel very comfortable using them, " Medlin adds. When titanium is combined with nickel, the result is nitinol, a superelastic alloy that is biocompatible, corrosion resistant
Medical Device Link .
the use of conventional shape-memory metals. It is also easy to weld and join, and it has a strain recovery of 3.5%. The material can be used for orthodontic devices, implantable surgical devices, and nonimplantable surgical devices. Because it is biocompatible and more elastic than regular
More Information Top
Advances in Metallic Biomaterials
2003) Sol-gel deposited TiO2 film on NiTi surgical alloy for biocompatibility.
In vitro studies of fretting corrosion of orthopaedic materials
Abstract Two models were used to study fretting corrosion of surgical alloys .
The Susceptibility of Metallic Surgical Implant Materials to Crevice Corrosion
The results also show why cast Co base surgical alloys which contain Mo by CSA and ASTM standards .
Res., Vol 57, 1978, p 593 600 E.F. Huget and S.G. Vermilyea, Base Metal Dental and Surgical Alloys , Biocompatibility of Dental Materials, Vol IV, D.C. Smith and D.F. Williams, Ed., CRC Press, 1982, p 3749 H.F. Morris …
Solid State Division progress report for period ending September 30, 1984
These range from the use of ion implantation and laser pro cessing for semiconductor device fabrication to the modification of surgical alloys and to the fabrication of optical waveguides .
'The introduction of high -density polyethylene articular components in combination with surgical alloys for total joint replacements is one example, although further consideration of the use of dissimilar combinations of materials is needed.
Biological Significance of Metal Ion Release
Geret et al.  and McNamara and Williams [55,56] have shown local toxic responses to implants of pure cobalt and nickel, but not to surgical alloys .
Nickel release behavior, cytocompatibility, and superelasticity of oxidized porous single‐phase NiTi
Sol–gel deposited TiO2 film on NiTi surgical alloy for biocompatibility improvement.