Featured Product from Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc.
Lake Shore offers a variety of temperature sensors in packages that enable mounting in very tight areas. But for some applications (especially if the sensors have to be immersed in liquid) you need to do more to protect the sensor circuitry. For these applications, a cryogenic temperature probe is the optimum choice. Encased in one of these stainless steel thermowell fixtures, the sensor can perform as designed, unaffected by high pressure and sealed to keep electrical components and wiring protected from fluids and other elements.
Lake Shore temperature probes are ideal for thermometry applications where you need to measure inside:
- fluid containers, tanks, and pipes
- cryostats and cryogenic liquid flow meters
- other liquid storage systems.
They can be used in a number of industrial measurement and monitoring environments, as well as for LH2 and liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage applications. Also, because the rod provides extra length, the probe makes it easier to place a sensor at the precise location required. They also contain a hermetic wiring feedthrough and temperature-resistant epoxy at their end, ensuring reliable end-to-end protection.
Lake Shore temperature probes are made-to-order with a wide range of configuration options available. These include:
- Multiple sensor types including our extremely popular Cernox™ RTDs and DT-670 diodes
- Either 1/8 in or 1/4 in stem diameter in lengths up to 0.71 m (28 in) are standard
- Various mounting adapters suited for either positive or negative pressures, if required
- Numerous connectivity options including wire types and lengths as well as various terminating connectors for direct connection to Lake Shore temperature instruments or third party equipment
Temperature Probe Features
- Stainless steel-encased probes that provide highly reliable sensor performance in a thermowell or direct cryogen contact
- Highly customizable to suit your particular application
- May be configured with many sensor types, including Cernox® for superior temperature performance from room temperature down to 4 K (-269.15 °C) and below
- Thin-walled probe tubing reduces thermal lag and heat leak from outside the measurement space
- Ideal for temperature measurements in fluid containers and tanks
- Full 3 year standard warranty