Custom Roll Formed Angles
Featured Product from MP Metal Products
What is critical to the fit, form and function of your application?
Roll Formed Angles
Custom Roll Formed Angles are tmade from coils of aluminum, steel, brass, bronze and copper. Steel includes cold rolled, hot rolled pickled and oiled, galvanized, pre-painted and the varieties of stainless. Economical production lots begin around 5,000 lineal feet. To reduce waste and handling the angles can be cut to custom lengths. The gauges range from 0.005" to 0.165" depending on the availability of coil. Sometimes slots, notches and other holes and miters can be incorporated in the process if tolerances permit.
MP Metal Products
Roll forming metal shapes is just one of our capabilities! From your idea, we can design, manufacture, finish, package, palletize, and ship your custom parts, on time and on budget.
With more than 35 roll formers and related metal forming equipment, MP Metal Products has the capability to roll form a wide range of profiles. We process metal strip, coil and sheet in gage thickness from 0.005" up to 0.165", and widths up to 48" depending on the shape. MP Metal Products specializes in private-label manufacturing typically for OEM accounts expecting quality parts delivered on time.
- Roll Forming
- Press Braking
- Welding – TIG & MIG
- Cover Printing
- Inkjet Labeling
- In line operations
- Secondary operations
MP Metal Products has been dedicated to Roll Forming metal shapes since 1965
Why Roll Form?
What exactly is Roll Forming? Find out the basics...watch this short instructional video produced by Dalarna University >>>HERE.
Roll forming is a continuous metal forming process that transforms sheet, strip or coiled metal into shapes with a consistent cross section. The stock is fed through successive pairs of rolls, which progressively shape the metal until the desired cross section is produced. Only progressive forming (bending) takes place; the metal thickness is not changed except for a slight thinning at the bend radii.
What are the benefits of Roll Forming?
- An efficient and economical metal working process to form sheet or coil stock.
- Roll forming is a cold forming process.
- Slots, holes, miters and embossing can sometimes be included to eliminate costly, extra, secondary operations.
- Consistent shapes and uniform cross sections.
- Finished parts may be produced in one operation.
- Economical unit costs for production lots around 5,000 lineal feet or more.
- Combine 2 materials in a single process, i.e. incorporate vinyl weather stripping into metal carrier.
- An ideal process for adding caulking beads, adjusting symmetrical widths, combining shapes, and so on.
Why Custom Roll Forming?
- Enjoy technical proficiency in tooling/product design,packaging, and production.
- Have no investment in capital equipment.
- Gain the flexibility and versatility of numerous lines.
- Avoid the need to purchase and inventory raw materials.
- Have access to a wide range of related equipment and processing capabilities.
- Save overhead costs and plant space.
- Avoid costly equipment downtime between jobs.
- Eliminate the need to locate, hire, train and retain qualified personnel.
M. P. Metal Products specializes in custom roll forming. We have been a manufacturer of custom roll formed shapes since 1965. We roll form ferrous and non-ferrous metals into a variety of shapes, moldings, channels, panels, angles, trim, frames, lock seamed profiles and accessories. Design assistance is available to provide economical solutions and alternatives.
Value Added Services M. P. Metal Products also offers value added services, which include stamping, press braking, slitting, inline piercing and punching.
Markets We Serve We have 35 roll formers serving automotive, agricultural, transportation, construction, material handling, storage, medical, furniture, electrical, recreation, and other markets.
Materials, Gages, Finishes and Shapes M. P. Metal Products has experience forming a variety of metals, including stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminized steel, aluminum, copper and pre-painted coils. Gages range from .005" to .165", and widths from 1/2" to 48" in various alloys, tempers, and finishes, in simple or complex shapes.
M. P. Metal Products Achieves ISO 9001 : 2015 Certification
M. P. Metal Products is excited to announce its certification renewal from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. As a part of the ISO certification process, M. P. Metal Products engaged in a rigorous audit of its business and manufacturing processes, as well as product quality requirements. These standards improve the experience of working with M. P. Metal Products for our customers and throughout our organization with a specific effect impact on Sales, Accounting, Maintenance, Purchasing, Outsourcing, Shipping, Receiving, Production, Resource Management, Quality Management Systems and Measurement Analysis Improvement.
Additionally, as a part of the ISO certification requirements, M. P. Metal Products maintains an ISO compliant Quality Management System ensuring our customers satisfaction and strengthened performance through constant process improvement.
M. P. Metal Products is proud to offer this tremendous value to our customers as we continue to thrive in our 50+ years of business. If you have roll forming needs, you need to speak with M. P. Metal Products. We look forward to hearing from you soon.