Featured Product from MarsMetal
Mars Metal provides lead shot as an easy, cost-effective solution for areas where solid lead is impractical, due to location, shape, or accessibility. Applications include ballast, stress testing, vibration control, noise deadening, and radiation shielding.
We stock lead shot in standard 25 lb. canvas bags. For added strength and durability, we also offer lead shot in bags manufactured of 600 Denier vinyl coated black nylon or ballistic nylon to meet rigid fire rating specs.
Our standard lead shot is #8 (.09”/2.29mm diameter). Density is approximately 436 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Chilled Lead Shot – Highly-polished, uniformly-round, accurately-sized and consistently-dense shot. Graphite-coated. Custom embroidery or printing is available on application.
- Steel Shot Also Available – We supply “non lead“ steel shot in 25 lb. nylon bags or ballistic fire-rated bags for the aerospace industry.
- Other applications include non-destructive testing and ballast applications.
- Bags are environmentally sealed and extremely durable. With lifting handles or not.
- The density factor of the steel shot is 295 lbs. per cubic ft. VS. 430 lbs. per cubic ft. for lead shot
Using lead shot for radiation shielding? Visit our MarShield website for comprehensive information.