AAMI, the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967. It is a diverse community of nearly 7,000 healthcare technology professionals united by one important mission–supporting the healthcare community in the development, management, and use of safe and effective medical technology.
AAMI is the primary source of consensus and timely information on medical instrumentation and technology.
AAMI is the primary resource for the industry, the professions, and government for national and international standards.
AAMI provides multidisciplinary leadership and programs that enhance the ability of the professions, healthcare institutions, and industry to understand, develop, manage, and use medical instrumentation and related technologies safely and effectively.
AAMI helps members:
- contain costs
- keep informed of new technology and policy developments
- add value in healthcare organizations
- improve professional skills and enhance patient care.
- AAMI provides a unique and critical forum for members who cover a complete range of interests, from clinical and biomedical engineers and technicians, physicians, nurses, and hospital administrators, to educators and researchers, manufacturers, distributors, government representatives and other healthcare professionals with an interest in medical devices. These diverse groups have been instrumental in making AAMI the leading source of essential information on medical devices and equipment since 1967.
- AAMI fulfills its mission through:
- continuing education, conferences
- certification of healthcare technical specialists
- the publication of technical documents, periodicals, books, software.
- Learn about membership benefits...