TorqMaster International is the global leader in manufacturing heavy-duty stock and custom friction, torque, constant torque, damping, & positioning hinges that allow smooth consistent action while holding a comfortable viewing position! REACH, RoHS and conflict minerals compliant. ISO 9001:2015 Certificate No. 9985QMS001
Applications: Anything that has to pivot and stay put! Tilting & movable screens, flat panel displays, touchscreens, LCD monitor mounting & positioning. Medical equipment, point of sale systems, kiosk machines, computers, cameras, voting machines with adjustable screen, machine vision systems, protective covers, photo printing machines, mobile electronics and entertainment, office equipment, access and control panels.
Our engineers help you choose the appropriate hinge, torque, torque directions... for optimal performance in your application design. Call or fax drawings of your project.
• Constant Torque over product life (30,000-plus cycles typical)
• Designed to withstand demanding applications
• Smooth operation without noise over hinge lifetime
• Corrosion and high temperature resistant
• Application/design assistance
• Balanced or Unbalanced Torque — specify the torque & torque direction required.
• Available in right or left hand configurations
• No backlash, minimal or no spring back
• 360 degree shaft rotation — pivot and stay put in any position
• Ability to mix and match housings & shafts / adapters to fit exact requirements
• 100% product testing available — min / max and average torque
• Friction elements are spring steel
• Fast delivery without tooling charges on TorqMaster hinges assembled from inventory.
Stock Friction Hinges — Our most popular friction hinges — based on shaft diameter and housing style — are available and easily integrated into new designs, eliminating the need for tooling and development programs for a majority of projects.
Custom Friction Hinges — We can help you design the optimal housing, mounting configuration, materials and torque for your specialty hinge needs. Custom Hinges or variations of stock designs are available for higher volume OEM applications, however a semi-custom shaft in a standard housing can often solve many design challenges.
Talk with one of our engineers to help you with a solution to your specific needs regarding friction hinges.
Using another hinge? Drop-in replacement hinges can enhance product performance while reducing costs.
USE TORQUE CALCULATOR