Multi-Functional Carrier-grade Ethernet Tester
Featured Product from GL Communications, Inc.
Following are GL product offerings in carrier ethernet test tools –
- PacketExpert™ 1G (PXE100) - Available in Portable
- PacketExpert™ 10G (PXG100) - Available in Portable only
- PacketExpert™ 10GX (PXN100) - Available in portable (PXN100) and Rack (PXN1XX) variants
All these PacketExpert™ platforms support multiple functionalities for carrier-grade ethernet testing as listed below –
- Wire speed BERT
- Smart Loopback
- RFC 2544 Testing
- Record and Playback
- Y.1564 (ExpertSAM™)
- PacketBroker – (Tap-Filter-Modify-Aggregate Packets)
- Multi Stream UDP/TCP Traffic Generator and Analyzer
- RFC 6349 (ExpertTCP™)
- WAN Link Emulation – IPNetSim (Multi-stream)/ IPLinkSim (Single-stream)
PacketExpert™ 10GX, a multi-functional ethernet tester supports all interfaces, functionality and port capacity similar to that of previous PacketExpert™ 10G for comprehensive testing of 10 Gbps /1 Gbps wirespeed Ethernet/IP networks.
With the capability to generate/receive traffic with stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q) and stacked MPLS, PacketExpert™ 10GX finds use in testing a wide range of networks – from testing individual links/switches, testing local Ethernet/IP networks (LAN), end to end testing of Wide Area Networks (WAN), testing Core/MPLS networks, and much more.
- Multiport Ethernet Switch Testing
- Test and verify QoS Parameters of network devices like Switches/Routers etc.
- End to end testing of network paths for QoS parameters
- In-depth troubleshooting of the Carrier network in the event of network failures or impairments
- QoS testing of Triple-play services to ensure that they fully qualify SLA parameters
- Terrestrial wireless, satellite, and other WAN technologies network validations.
- Test VoIP network in real-time conditions to verify if it meets the quality requirements before you deploy.
- Test routers, switches, VoIP handsets, VoIP PBXs, set-top boxes, and VoD servers
- Capable of simultaneous generation /reception of Ethernet to IP traffic at 100% at user-defined or auto-negotiated speed
- Traffic options lets technicians generate Ethernet to IP frames with user-configurable frame length, and frame size with varying traffic rates
- User selectable Electrical and/or Optical interface for ports allows mixed technology testing.
- Layer wise testing - BERT, RFC 2544 Testing over Framed Ethernet (Layer2), Stacked MPLS (Layer2.5), IP and UDP. BERT testing is also supported on Layer1.
- Field upgradable technology allows tester to stay current with industry trend.
- Support for ARP, Ping, IPv6 etc.
- Testing with stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q) – up to 3 levels
- Testing with stacked MPLS, up to 3 levels
- IP and UDP header checksum validation
- Ability to define Ethernet, IP and UDP header fields
- Multi-board support for all the applications
- 4 x 1G Base-X Optical OR 10/100/1000 Base-T Electrical
- IEEE 802.3ae LAN PHY compliance
Power Supply: +9 volts, 2.0 Amps
Physical Dimension: 8.45” x 5.55” x 1.60”