Vienna 3-Phase PFC Reference Design
Featured Product from Richardson RFPD
The MSCSICPFC/REF5 is a 3-phase Vienna PFC reference design for Hybrid Electric Vehicle/Electric Vehicle (HEV/EV) charger and high-power switch mode power supply applications. This reference design achieves 98.6% efficiency at 30 kW output power.
PLECS Model Available
You can use a Piecewise-Linear Electrical Circuit Simulation (PLECS) tool before hardware design to simulate the dynamic behavior of a complex Vienna PFC circuit that uses ideal switches with optional dsPIC33CH Processor-in-the-Loop (PIL). Please complete this form to register to download the PFC design files or a PLECS simulation model for the Vienna 3-Phase PFC Reference Design.
Key Features of this Reference Design:
- Designed for 30 kW applications
- Microchip's next-generation 1200V Silicon Carbide IC (SiC) diodes and 700V SiC MOSFETs with high avalanche/repetitive Unclamped Inductive Switching (UIS)
- 3-phase 380/400V RMS input voltage, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- 140 kHz switching frequency
- 700V DC output voltage
- PCB layout optimized for safety, current stress, mechanical stress and noise immunity
- dsPIC33CH Digital Signal Controller (DSC) for digital control