Featured Product from Savage Engineering, Inc.
Savage Wheel Presses, also known as Horizontal forcing presses, are used for mounting/demounting wheels, bearings, gears, sheaves etc. onto/off shafts, axles, rolls or armatures.
Model shown is inclined to allow overhead loading. Inserts are available for different shaft diameters. Open design allows work of infinite lengths. Many sizes and models available…
- Typically 60″, 72″ or 84″ (up to 144″) vertical clearance between rails
- U-slot width is custom to clear your maximum shaft size
- Typically inclined at 75 degrees to allow loading by overhead crane.
- Also can be vertical or mounted on their backs.
- Cabled pendant controls or radio control available to enhance productivity.
- Powered pins are available to eliminate climbing up on taller presses with wider spacing between rails.
- Capacities typically from 50 tons up to 600 US tons
Used in many industries including mining, crane manufacturing, pumpjack manufacturing, paper mill equipment manufacturing, downhole drilling, railcar manufacturing, electric motor and other industrial repair facilities.
Savage hydraulic presses have been known throughout industry for over 50 years for their rugged construction and durability. Each press is built with pride by our team of experienced craftsmen.
Horizontal presses are available in many sizes. Our applications engineers will review your requirements to help you determine the type and size of press best suited for your work.