ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeters
Featured Product from Radiant Vision Systems
The World's Fastest and Most Accurate High-Resolution Imaging Colorimeters.
The ProMetric® I family of imaging colorimeters is designed to address the demands for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated keyboards and LED lighting products. Whether you need to expand test coverage or increase throughput, ProMetric I delivers the required performance for highly accurate color and luminance measurements in an automated manufacturing environment.
High-Resolution, Scientific-Grade Image Sensors
Each ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter employs a scientific-grade, low-noise image sensor that provides accurate, repeatable measurements. ProMetric cameras optimize resolution and dynamic range to ensure imaging performance. ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
- 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200)
- 8-megapixel (3296 x 2472)
- 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384)
- 61-megapixel (9568 x 6380)
Purpose-Built for High-Speed Manufacturing
A production line is a harsh environment and reliable communications can be a challenge. ProMetric I supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications, providing highly reliable operation over long distances, even in the most demanding manufacturing environments.
ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software from Radiant. TrueTest provides a complete, turnkey solution for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated keyboards and lighting products, with test sequencing interface to perform multiple inspections in-line in a matter of seconds. Whether you need to increase your test coverage or reduce test time for automated visual inspection, ProMetric I is designed specifically for your application.
Display Testing: Used for precise measurement of qualities of light and color across a display, the ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter captures quantifiable values of spatial luminance, contrast, uniformity, and chromaticity (in CIE x, y and u’, v’). The system can also detect defects like mura, light leakage, and dead pixels or lines in any area of the display.
ProMetric I captures comprehensive luminance and chromaticity values of each display, with analyses applied in a matter of seconds. Equipped for USB and Ethernet communications, the ProMetric I provides highly reliable operation for production operations from camera to camera and line to line, making it the solution of choice for global display panel production manufacturing operations.
Automotive Systems: Light, color, and dimensional accuracy are key for visual performance, regulatory compliance, and consumer satisfaction of all illuminated elements inside and outside the vehicle. Paired with automated analysis software from Radiant’s TrueTest platform, the ProMetric I offers the complete measurement solution for systems from center stacks to instrument panels, from headlamps to head-up displays.
Electronically controlled lenses come standard with each ProMetric I system, allowing manufacturers to use software to easily set focus and aperture settings on the fly as image distance changes, or when required for regulatory testing (such as DFF Black Mura Gradient measurement).
Lighting: From individual LEDs to large luminaires, Radiant’s light measurement expertise spans decades with applications in data acquisition for light source modeling to correction of non-uniformity for large LED panels. The ProMetric I is applied for both goniometric and non-goniometric measurement of light sources, completely characterizing the three-dimensional output of a source (generating ray sets, IES, or LDT/EULUMDAT files) or evaluating illuminance, luminous intensity, and chromaticity as well as geometric aspects like distribution cut-off gradient and shape.
Delivering Smart Technology™ innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric cameras offer a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric systems monitor focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
- Smart Touch™ to enable touch input via an integrated touchscreen display interface on the ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter, which simplifies camera setup and control.
For highly accurate color and light measurements that match values perceived by the human eye, Radiant cameras and lenses are calibrated to obtain absolute data in any environment. Factory calibration procedures are performed on each Radiant camera to enable traceability to national standards such as NRL, ETL, PTB, and NIST. (Is traceability of your measurement system a critical part of your application? Contact Radiant for additional options and support.)
Each Radiant camera and lens pair can also be calibrated for unique applications, in the factory or in the field, ensuring consistency regardless of variation in:
- Focal Distance: Flat-field calibration; Image scaling
- Device Spectral Power Distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; Color calibrations, such as one-color calibration, four-color calibration (depending on RGB or single-color emitters); LED and white phosphor LED calibration
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if applicable)
Key Features and Highlights:
- High-speed, high-resolution image sensors with better than 61dB dynamic range
- CIE-matched color filters and neutral density filters, closely matches human visual perception
- Multiple lens choices with Smart Calibration™ for a wide range of distance and aperture settings
- Comes standard with Radiant ProMetric Software for light analysis and camera control
- Works seamlessly with Radiant TrueTest Automated Visual Inspection test sequencing platform for automated applications
ProMetric I imaging colorimeter systems include Radiant Vision Systems ProMetric Software with API support, which provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric I imaging colorimeters are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the benefits for your application. For automated testing, ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest Software—and specialized software modules—for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.