Structural Ceramic Matrix Composites
from San Jose Delta Associates, Inc.
Macor is a relatively easy material to machine using ordinary carbide drills, end mills, taps, etc. and doesn ’t require post machining firing. Macor-Machinable Glass Ceramic is also unique in that it can withstand 1000 °C, has low thermal conductivity and is a good electrical insulator. [See More]
- Applications: Abrasion Resistant; Electronics or semiconductors; HV / Electrical; Optical Grade; Structural; Refractory or High Temperature Insulation; Thermal Insulation or Fire Proofing Material; Wear resistant parts or tooling; Aeropsace, Nuclear, Medical, Fixturing, Welding
- Shape / Form: BarStock
- Material Type: Glass Ceramics; Silicate / Clay; SpecialtyMaterial
- Length: 12
from ZIRCAR Refractory Composites, Inc.
ZIRCAR Refractory Sheet Type RSLE-57 is a low expansion high strength reinforced silica matrix composite . This remarkable material was designed for use as a high strength insulator in induction hot press applications. RSLE-57's very low thermal expansion coefficient and high hot strength combine to... [See More]
- Applications: HV / Electrical; Structural; Refractory or High Temperature Insulation; Thermal Insulation or Fire Proofing Material; Thermal Applications
- Composition: SiO_2 , Other Oxides
- Material Type: Silicate / Clay; Silica or fused silica
- Shape / Form: Plate / Board; Custom Shape (optional feature)