From Airborne Early Radar Warning System Concepts
1. J.C. Toomay, Radar Principles for the Non-Specialist ( Belmont, CA: Lifetime Learning Publications, 1982).
2. D.K. Barton, Modern Radar System Analysis ( Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1988).
3. S.J. Rabinowitz et al., "Applications of Digital Technology to Radar," Proc. IEEE, vol. 73 ( February 1985) :325 39.
4. L.V. Blake, Radar Range Performance Analysis ( Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1986).
5. L.V. Blake, "A Guide to Basic Pulse-Radar Maximum-Range Calculation," NRL Report No. 6930 (2nd ed.) of NRL Report 5868, December 1969.
6. D.C. Schleher, MTI Radar ( Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1978).
7. L.V. Blake, "Prediction of Radar Range," Chapter 2 of M.I. Skolnik, ed., Radar Handbook ( New York: McGraw-Hill, 1990).
8. W.C. Morchin, Airborne Early Warning Radar ( Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1990).
9. T.A. Weil, "Atmospheric Lens Effect: Another Loss for the Radar Range Equation," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems ( January 1973) :51 54.
10. W.C. Morchin, "Antenna Sidelobe Requirements for the Three PRFs of an AEW Radar," Microwave Journal, vol. 31, no. 9 ( September 1988) :83 100.
11. H.E. Schrank, "Low-Sidelobe Phased Array and Reflector Antennas," Chapter 6 of E. Brookner (ed.), Aspects of Modern Radar ( Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1988) :337 68.
12. G.E. Evans and H.E. Schrank, "Low Sidelobe Radar Antennas," Microwave Journal ( July 1983) :109 17.
13. B. Rulf, "Problems of Radome Design for Modern Airborne Radar," Microwave Journal, part 1 ( January 1985) :145 53;
Products & Services
Weather radar systems, also called weather surveillance radar and Doppler weather radar, is a type of radar used to locate precipitation, determine precipitation type, and calculate its motion.
Topics of Interest
Philip D. West Georgia Tech Research Institute Atlanta, Georgia 7.1 INTRODUCTION This chapter addresses the basic issues of tracking airborne targets (aircraft, missiles, and so on) with a radar...
References  Sherman, J. W., "Aperture-Antenna Analysis," in M. I. Skolnik (ed.), Radar Handbook, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1970, Chapter 9.  Kell, R. E., and R. A. Ross, "Radar Cross-Sections of...
REFERENCES  Barton, D. K., and Ward, H. R., Handbook of Radar Measurement, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1969; Dedham, MA: Artech House, 1984.  Woodward, P. M, Probability and Information...
7.6 REFERENCES Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 1963, Arecibo Ionospheric Obser vatory , Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Barton, D. K., 1979, Radar Systems Analysis , Nor wood, MA: Artech House.
References 1. Skolnik, M. I., Radar Handbook, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1970. 2. Croney, J., "Clutter on Radar Displays", Wireless Engineer, April 1956. 3. Gradshteyn, I. S., and I. M. Ryzhik., Table of...