Composite / Ceramic Matrix Silica, Quartz, and Silicate Materials
from San Jose Delta Associates, Inc.
Macor is a relatively easy material to machine using ordinary carbide drills, end mills, taps, etc. and doesn ’t require post machining firing. Macor-Machinable Glass Ceramic is also unique in that it can withstand 1000 °C, has low thermal conductivity and is a good electrical insulator. [See More]
- Performance Features: Machinable ceramic; Optical Grade; Refractory or High Temperature Insulation; Thermal Insulation or Fire Proofing Material; Composite; Dielectric
- Shape / Form: BarStock
- Silicate Type: Glass Ceramics
- Length: 3
from ZIRCAR Refractory Composites, Inc.
ZIRCAR Refractory Sheet Type RSLE-57 is a low expansion high strength reinforced silica matrix composite . This remarkable material was designed for use as a high strength insulator in induction hot press applications. RSLE-57's very low thermal expansion coefficient and high hot strength combine to... [See More]
- Performance Features: Refractory or High Temperature Insulation; Thermal Insulation or Fire Proofing Material; Composite
- Composition: SiO_2 , Other Oxides
- Silicate Type: Silica or fused silica
- Shape / Form: Custom Shape (optional feature); Plate / Board