Product Announcement from Cisco Systems, Inc.
The Cisco® Industrial Ethernet 2000 (IE 2000) Series is a range of compact, industrially ruggedized access switches.
IE 2000 series provide customers with ease of use, secure access, and industry leading convergence using Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP).
Multiple industries such as automotive, oil and gas, mining, transportation, and energy companies are all increasingly requiring IP based networks in their production areas.
The newest IE 2000 additions have been designed to support access layer connectivity and to meet the increasing needs for security, voice, and video traffic across industrial networks.
Switch performance and scalability
• Line rate/Non-blocking ports
• Forwarding rate: 6.5 Mpps with 64 bytes packets
• Egress buffer: 2MB
• Unicast MAC addresses: 8000
• IGMP multicast groups: 255
• Max VLANs: 255
• IPv4 Mac security ACEs: 384 (default TCAM template)