Product Announcement from Narda Microwave-East
Narda Safety Test Solutions, an L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) company, introduces the Nardalert S3, the world's most accurate, versatile non-ionizing radiation (NIR) monitor for wearable and fixed-area monitoring applications. The Nardalert S3 detects electromagnetic (EM) radiation levels from 100 kHz to 50 GHz, and is the successor to the Nardalert XT, the industry-standard in wearable NIR monitors used by more commercial, aerospace and defense, and industrial organizations than all other instruments combined.
NIR monitors are designed to detect and alert the user to the presence of EM radiation generated by wireless, broadcast, radar, and other RF and microwave emitters at levels above those deemed safe by international standards. They are worn on the body so that workers and others who must be in areas where high levels of EM radiation may be present have near-instantaneous visual, audible, and physical notification of potentially dangerous EM levels. Narda introduced the first wearable NIR monitors more than 20 years ago, and has continuously expanded their features, performance, and usability through succeeding generations of products. The Nardalert S3 is the most accurate, feature-rich model the company in Nardalert history.
The Nardalert S3 incorporates a host of new features:
· Detachable sensor pack that eliminates the need to remove the Nardalert S3 from service for sensor calibration or repair, a unique feature found on no competitive instrument. Sensor calibration interval is 5 years.
· Top-mounted white-LED-backlit color LCD display that shows all key functions including bar graphs of signal strength and whether radiation is present at low or high frequencies, total signal strength, battery status, and many other functions. The display complements high-brightness LEDs, audio, and vibration user alarms.
· Comprehensive Narda NS3-TS software for Windows that manages the database of measured data both on the PC and stored in the instrument's memory, displays measurements in real time on the PC, enables instrument configuration, and installs updates and set-up of optional features. Data can be exported to popular spreadsheet, word processing, and database software for analysis and reporting.
· Mini-USB (Version 2.0) interface enables transfer of measured data, firmware updates, and battery-charging capability. Adapters are included for North America, Australia, Europe, and United Kingdom power line voltages and plug configurations.
· Fiber-optic interface that allows the Nardalert S3 to function as an area monitor that is remote from the user over a distance up to 50 m, which allows the instrument to be left in place to record radiation levels over long periods of time.
· The ability to operate from either rechargeable RCR123 lithium or standard CR123 lithium batteries. The Nardalert S3 will operate for about 25 hours on a charge.
· Rugged plastic housing and protective silicon skin for added protection, as well as belt-clip and lanyard for redundant attachment to the wearer.
· Multiple sensors (radial field, diode-dipole, and thermocouple) compliant with FCC, IEEE C95.1, Canada Safety Code 6, and ICNIRP standards. Future sensors will include lower frequency ranges and flat frequency response models.
· Internal storage for up to 62,000 events taken at user-defined intervals over 4.3 hours to 43 days.
The Nardalert S3 is offered as a standard unit that performs all basic functions with alarms set at 50% and 200% of standard-based radiation levels or can be enhanced with the Nardalert S3 Option Key, which expands capabilities to include storage, display, and uploading of exposure data, the ability to modify alarm modes and thresholds, display historical data, and configure the optical interface.The Nadalert S3 is available for immediate delivery.
Click Here to view the Nardalert S3 datasheet (PDF)