Product Announcement from RUD Chain, Inc.
The distinct fluorescent pink powder coating permanently changes color at increased temperatures. If chain reaches temperatures of 400°C, the color changes to a deep black with small bubbles,
indicating that the chain has been over-heated and must be replaced.
The special fluorescent pink powder coating permanently highlights the maximum temperature at which the VIP chain has been used.
25% more than the highest existing quality Grade T, 8 or 80.
RUD VIP® is made from CrNiMo-special steel, which is quenched and tempered to produce unique characteristics of high toughness and minimum ultimate elongation for natural black >25%, surface treated >20%. VIP is less sensitive to notching and hydrogen embrittlement than quality Grade T, 8 or 80.
The bending test, according to DIN or EN standards is far exceeded by VIP®.
Chains stamped with VIP are manufactured with tighter tolerances in the inner width (size B) and are coated with a fluorescent pink color. The BG (Berufsgenossenschaft: German testing authority) awarded RUD to stamp their VIP chain strands with the following:
• H1 indicates manufacturer's number. 1=RUD.
• 8S means special quality, higher than quality grade 8
German Technology:Geometric construction and tolerances of the VIP-chains are adapted to a higher quality class. Unique design allows for safe lifting in any direction.
Quality Verification: At regular intervals chains are stamped with a serial and batch number. This identification guarantees a continuous record of the manufacturing and proof data, for a period of 10 years.
• Material: CrNiMo-special steel, quenched and tempered.
• Special heat treatment.
• Distinct Florescent pink powder coating changes its color when temperatures exceed 200°C.
If chain reaches temperatures of 400°C, the color changes to a deep black with small bubbles, indicating that the chain has been over-heated.
• High toughness.
• Min. ultimate elongation for natural black 25%, Surface treated min. 20%.
• Less sensitive to notching and hydrogen embrittlement than quality grade 8.
• The bending test acc. to standard specifications of DIN EN 818-2-8, bending min F=0.8xd is by far exceeded.
• WLL : manufacturing proof load : breaking force = 1 : 2.5 : 4
• Owing to a special heat treatment developed by RUD, high dynamic RUD VIP-chains are more insensitive to external mechanical wear friction and to damages. Therefore a longer lifetime of VIP-chain is guaranteed.
•Chain Sizes from 4 to 22 mm. from 0.62 to 20 tons in single leg –to- 56t in 4 legs configurations (with balancer).
•More than 35 different components for every kind of lifting and lashing application.
•Measurable overload testing
•Clear identification of nominal WLL
•Lifting and Lashing Points = Double ball bearing, thus pivoting under load without resistance, pivoting by 360°